The Management and the Faculty of VAGDEVI INSTITUTE OF NURSING SCIENCES believes that:
|1) Health is a state of well-being that enables a person to lead a physically, psychologically, socially and economically productive life.
2) Nursing contributes to health care delivery system by identifying the needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professionals.
3) Scope of Nursing practice encompasses provision of pro-motive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings.
4) Nursing is based on values of caring like dignity and respect and aims to help individuals to attain independence in self care.
5) Undergraduate Nursing programme is directed to the development of critical thinking and problem solving and also fosters life long learning.
6) All undergraduate programmes are focused to prepare exemplary citizens of the nation by adhering to the professional ethics and also by fulfilling personal social and professional obligations.
7) Education is a life long learning process aims to mold creative behavior of the student.
8) The student is an adult, responsible for self learning.
9) The teacher is a facilitator, counselor and guide for learning.
10) Maintain balance in personal and professional responsibilities.