Vagdevi College of Nursing always believes in scientific knowledge and principles. Our philosophy is the same as Mahatma Gandhi’s; “Education is a powerful weapon to change the world”.
The management and the faculty believe that:
- Health is a state of well-being that enables a person to lead a physically, psychologically, socially, and economically productive life.
- Nursing contributes to the health care delivery system by identifying the needs of the people, planning, and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Scope of Nursing practice encompasses the provision of pro-motive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in a wide variety of health care settings.
- Nursing is based on values of caring like dignity and respect and aims to help individuals to attain independence in self-care.
- Undergraduate Nursing program is directed to the development of critical thinking and problem solving and also fosters lifelong learning.
- All undergraduate programs are focused to prepare exemplary citizens of the nation by adhering to professional ethics and also by fulfilling personal social and professional obligations.
- Education is a lifelong learning process that aims to mold the creative behavior of the student.
- The student is an adult, responsible for self-learning.
- The teacher is a facilitator, counselor, and guide for learning.
- Maintain balance in personal and professional responsibilities.